I put together a sailing resume for the Insurance folks. Here it is for the record:
Name: Jack Hoopes
Permanent Address: 14215 Crabapple Rd.
Golden, Colorado 80401
Citizenship: USA
Birthdate: November 20, 1954
Years of Sailing Experience: More than 40
Memberships: American Sailing Association
Seven Seas Cruising Association
Hallberg-Rassy Users Group
Formal Coursework:
Basic Keelboat Sailing – ASA certification December 2007
Basic Coastal Cruising – ASA certification December 2007
Coastal Navigation – ASA certification May 2008
Offshore Sail & Navigation – Mahina Expeditions certification July 2008
Celestial Navigation – ASA certification May 2009
Narrative:
I learned to sail as a youth growing up in Cohasset, Massachusetts, a pleasure yacht and lobster fleet harbor town on Boston’s South Shore. Seasonally, I participated in Cohasset Sailing Club programs, initially training on Sunfishes and Lasers, then graduating to weekend races on our family’s Flying Scot, a 19-foot sloop, alternating skipper duties with my father. Throughout my 20’s and 30’s, I continued sailing seasonally with my brother on the Flying Scot and on a J-24 owned by my brother-in-law in the waters of Narragansett Bay and Long Island Sound. From around 1985 until 2005, I traveled almost every summer to Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire to sail daily on the Flying Scot during family reunions. During this period, I also occasionally visited family in Sarasota, Florida, and enjoyed crewing on race days aboard Sarasota Sailing Squadron vessels. More recently, I enjoy taking my Catalina Capri 14.2 and Sunfish on weekend family camping excursions to reservoirs near my home in Golden, Colorado.
About five years ago, my wife and I recommitted ourselves to realizing a lifelong dream of adopting the cruising life. I participated in 2004 as crew on a week-long coastal cruising adventure aboard a 60-foot twin-masted schooner out of Key West, Florida. In September 2007, I captained and my wife crewed the 34-foot Catalina sloop, Trofast, on an eight-day bareboat charter in the San Juan Islands and Gulf Islands of Washington State and British Columbia. From June 18 to July 3, 2008, I participated in sail and navigation training aboard the Mahina Tiare III delivered by John Neal and Amanda Swan Neal. This 14-day, 860-mile North Sea training voyage was specifically tailored to prepare sailors for offshore passages. From November 5 through 15, 2008, I served as a crew member aboard Queen of Hearts, an 80-foot Dynamique sloop captained by Brandon Bishop, during a 1,600-mile offshore delivery passage from Wickford, Rhode Island, to Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment