Jocelyn here...
I have just read Suzanne Giesemann's book "It's Your Boat Too: A Woman's Guide to Greater Enjoyment on the Water." It was great. Now I have a new attitude - Our trip is not an ordeal but an adventure!
I am starting to believe that this is really going to happen. I have a lot to learn and to prepare for. My refresher sailing course starts in 2 weeks. This time I am really going to pay attention and ask lots of questions. Emily will also be taking this course so she can help set me straight.
Jack has been so involved in the process of choosing the boat and the infinite number of details to attend to that sometimes I feel a bit out of sync. Suzanne's book has given me the encouragement to become more of an active partner in every aspect of the boat and our adventure. Now that my busy season at work is under control I can begin to turn my attention to the planning of our launch.
I am not sure where to begin but will just need to jump in and things will begin to settle in to organized chaos.
That's it from me for now. I will keep you posted as to my involvement in this adventure.
Thanks Suzanne!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank for the tip - We just ordered the book for Dawn!!
ReplyDeleteCheers Martin